Target vs. Actual Superheat
Once you have determined the target Superheat method it's time to compare your target against actual. Enter the following values.
- Required - Verify proper Refrigerant in [Menu] tab, [Equipment] menu item
- Optional - change pressure and temperature units in Settings Tab
- For Automatic Target - Enter Indoor Wet Bulb Temp
- For Automatic Target - Enter Outdoor Dry Bulb Temp
Next determine the pressure and temperature of the refrigerant going into the compressor. This is the pressure of the suction, evaporator, or low side as shown on the blue dial. Take the temperature of the line as close to the compressor as possible but at least six inches away. Best results can be obtained by making sure the line is clean and using a thermocouple wrapped with insulation held in place with a neutral material.
- Enter the Vapor or Suction Pressure in the app calculator input section
- Enter the Vapor or Suction Temperature in the app calculator input section
At the top of the Superheat tab are four values: The saturation temperature, target Superheat, actual Superheat, and Superheat delta. Valid Superheat is achieved when delta is less than five degrees off in either direction.
As you change inputs all calculated values are updated in real-time.